What Is A Personal Chef?
A Personal Chef serves multiple families or individuals and custom tailors the menus and service to each individual client. As opposed to a Private Chef who typically “lives in” with a family. My Everyday Gourmet Personal Chef Service provides meals on a weekly, biweekly or monthly basis and leaves your home to you during your precious evening hours.
A Personal Chef creates delicious meals in your home, takes care of time-consuming errands and tasks, and leaves you with more time on your hands to do what you love best. My Everyday Gourmet is a full-service Personal Chef Service and will plan menus, shop, prepare delicious meals and clean the kitchen… all before you get home from work.
Who Needs a Personal Chef?
The home cooked meal holds a special place in our collective memory. Whether it’s a comfort-food meal prepared by your mom, or an elegant feast prepared for a romantic evening in, we all have special memories of time spent eating good food at home.
The demands of modern life make it more and more difficult to keep this tradition alive. This is where My Everyday Gourmet comes in. My Everyday Gourmet will lift a huge burden and add richness to your life if you are :
- A two-career family where no one has time to cook
- New parents with little ones to attend to
- Busy, driven professionals who aren’t eating as healthily as they’d like
- Aging parents who aren’t as spry as they once were
- People recuperating from surgery or an illness
- Mobility-challenged families or individuals
- Anyone with special needs
- Those of us who are tired of the time-consuming errands and tasks that go into creating home-cooked meals
My Everyday Gourmet Personal Chef Service is for you if :
- You are eating more fast and prepared foods than you’d like.
- You can never find the time to spend on your hobby, life’s passion or with your kids. Shopping at the end of long days work doesn’t sound like your idea of a good time.
- You are realizing that take-out will never provide the variety and quality that a meal prepared in your home with fresh ingredients can.
- You are too exhausted or stressed out at the end of the day to find time to make a home-cooked meal.
- You’d rather spend time with your friends and family around the dinner table than running around town doing the shopping and cooking.
How Do We Get Started?
First, we get together for a free, no obligation consultation in your home. We’ll talk about your food preferences, what you love, what you don’t. We’ll talk about any food allergies, special diets, religious observances that are important to you. I’ll take a look at your kitchen to determine any special equipment we’ll need to bring. We’ll set a schedule for personal chef services in your home that ensures confidentiality and privacy for you.
Most clients prefer to let me think about “What’s For Dinner”? Others like to let me know their favourite meals. Either way, you will have menus that you approve, with meals tailored to your preferences and prepared fresh in your home on each cook day.
Once we establish a schedule and have a working agreement, we’ll set a date for your first cook day.
On Your Cook Day
- In the morning I will plan menus and shop for the freshest ingredients. I will arrive at your home around 8am–10am. Most clients simply leave a key for me so I can cook in their home while they are at work or busy doing other things.
- I will prepare, package and label your meals.
- I will leave your kitchen clean and neat.
- I’ll usually wrap things up by 4 or 5pm, depending on the menu and your schedule. Things work most efficiently when there are fewer distractions in the home.
- When you arrive home, your house will be filled with your favourite aromas. You’ll find a fridge and freezer full of home-cooked meals and perhaps even a warm stew in the crock pot!
Please contact Personal Chef Linda to get a quote or learn more about her services.